Leaf Season is Coming !

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Fareway Lawncare, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I hate to be Pushy but how about an update on those anti-blowout baffles...Yea or Nay for Leaf Season !

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I gave up on waiting and fabricated my own, it keeps the leaves in the deck but I hope yours is better [adjustable?] if you guys could [for 36tthp] post a picture of the much talked about but yet to be seen ABB you could probably talk me out of some cash, if they ever become available. I guess you meant next June.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

This may help.

Attached Files:

4. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Thanks Terry !

Nothing for the 32" Decks? Would a Modified Viking 48" Kit Work on the Viking 32"'s?

& Whats the "Flanged Baffle"?

I assume for Leaf Blowout problems I want the Anti Blowout Baffles?

5. eXmark

Fareway,

Nothing for 32's.

The flange baffle seams to perform well in the southern grasses helping to eliminate stragglers (such as bahaia shoots). It also works well in side discharge, bagging and mulching.

Thanks

Terry

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

ok, ordered the ones for the Tracers but still would like one for the Viking 32"...If I cut a piece of the 48" AB Baffle do you think I can make it fit?

7. jasonlong

jasonlong LawnSite Member

Terry,

What te difference between the flanged kit and the anti-blowout kit? Which one would work better in the south?

JL

8. eXmark

JL,

Once you open the link you can scroll down and see a line drawing of each.

From what our engineers are telling me I'd go with the flange baffle in the south.....especially if your mulching.

Terry

9. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Terry...Viking 48" Kit....Would it be easy to modify to fit the 32" if I cut a piece off?

10. eXmark

Fareway,

That's pretty unlikely. Freddy in tech support tells me that removing all of the blade spacers on the 32/36 or leaving only one will do a real number on leaves for you if your looking to chew them up.

As a side note I wanted to pass along a thank you to Fred and our tech support team as well as everyone else behind the scenes that helps us take care of the Exmark forum here at Lawnsite.

Thanks

Terry