Leaf season is coming!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Detailed LawnService, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Detailed LawnService

Detailed LawnService Member
    from Midwest

Could people please list some of the ways they charge weekly mow customers for leaf pick-ups. Sush as per bagger full, or per hr, and so on. Leaves are starting to fall on some trees and we always like to give that finished golf course cut with no lying debri.
    I was thinking $3-$5 a bagger full.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I use a standard Scag 4 cu. ft. bag on my wb, and charge price of the mow + $2 per bag of leaves. Disposal included in that price.

3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

This year I'm doing 2x mowing price for weekly leaves, 3x for 14-25 days. Anything more would be at least 4-6x.

4. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 45.00 per hr (1 hr min) plus disposal

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I wait until all leaves have fallen. I use a blower to blow out beds, collect with my Walker. Suck the leaves using a leaf vac and I haul using a grain truck with a box built on the bed. For this I charge $60 an hour.

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

tha way i do it, and it has worked for me is, I continue with the weekly service and keep that charge the same. I then on the final bill add a "additional leaf clean up fee".
    I determine how much EXTRA (on top of you weekly service charge) i want for the season. that way there is no debate over time spent when charging by the hour, especially if you buy big leaf chipping equipment that makes you job faster.
    and there's no argueing with an old woman that "...the 3rd bag you left is half full", or "those are small bags though".

Say you get $100 a month for the monthly service. say you feel you want $150 for the ADDITIONAL time you spent (keep in mind your still getting the the money from the monthly service..), then on your last bill, it will say

Monthly service........... $100
    Adittional leaf charge ..$150

total due $250
    but i state it is a must that i continue routine service until the leaves are done.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Vac or blow, $95 a man hour here...and there is NO negotiating on the rate...take it or leave it cause there is a line of people waiting behind you. Period

8. two ways ..first for city sized lot 's we mow up the leaves every week at double a lawn mowing charge and 20 dollars a ultra vac full for dbriee.
    Cheapest mow is 30 a week ....30X2 =60 and on these lots we usally get one ultra vac full of the excess leves off the lawn .useally these lawns fetch 80 to a hundred for 20 to 30 minutes in and out.

Bigger lawns with manytrees and lots of beds to blow out was chargeing 80 a man hour this year its 90 a man hour .

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I also do weekly service at same price as mow but only get the leaves off the turf. In december I do a fall clean-up and charge at least 150$ for that, much like fga

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you only want $2.00 per bagger please come see me, I will put you to good work. My average Fall clean-up is $400.00 per yard.