Leaf season....uuugggghhhh!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Check out this Pile of leaves from a cleanup we did today. This massive pile of leaves came from a 1/2 acre property:eek: . This is my first year maintaining this property and new I was in for a large job...But geez! What do you mulchers do when you have an account with this many leaves? There would be so much mulch dust it would raise the grade of the yard 2 inches ;) You cant tell on the picture but this pile is about 10ft wide!

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

not seeing the picture evan

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

and talking about you getting a work truck.......

This is why I told you you should get a dump. You can spend $2K and have a nice box built on the back and a new leaf loader that will mulch that pileup in a fraction of the time its going to take you with a tarp.

Another idea is to mulch the leaves in place first, and then collec them so it takes up less space.

4. Evan528

and again ;) .......file was to big

leaves.jpg

5. Evan528

Guido, 90% of the leaves came from the back yard....I wouldnt be able to get a truck back there....second I dont need to load them into a truck because the township collects them with a giant loader every 2 weeks!

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Evan, did you just use blowers to get them to the curb? Man that's alot of leaves!
    So....what did you end up doing with them?

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Oops, you answered my question before I could ask. Damn, I'm a slow typer!

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

can u say, got leaves?

9. casey

casey Guest

Is that a weekly contract? Our piles get that big after about 3 weeks of tarping & hauling & front blowing.

10. MAN, I love sucking up piles that size. I think I could curb side vac that pile in 9 minutes.

BTW Evan if you had a Peco Vac on your ZTR, you wouldn't have to tarp out the leaves anymore, and you piles would be compressed to about a 10-1 ratio.

Happy leaf removing.:cool:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN:blob2:

LGF:blob1: