Leaf season....uuugggghhhh!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Oct 31, 2001.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Holy Leaves Batman !

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

DUDE..................Wheres my truck ??? and trailer ???

Did you tell the employees to put the leaves in the truck or cover the truck ?????

:D :blob4: :D

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

A peco vac on My Ztr would reduce the amount of leaves but would not eliminate the need to blow the entire lawn. Most of my accounts have tons of Oak trees wich means there are egg corns galore......Mowers dont have that much suction to pick up egg corns!

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Man!

Evan you should charge them a penny a leaf! How long did it take you any how, and how many guys?

Jay

5. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Ughhh something tells me you probably didnt make any money on that visit.....

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

No, actually I did just fine. I have done enough fall cleanups over the years to judge a job pretty dam good. I also went extra high on the price this time......The last landscaper quit because of the leaves in the fall.......Not fun pulling 18 tarp loads of leaves through a 36 inch gate! :eek:

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i thought with doubles on the toro and mulching then bagging i wouldnt have to start fall cleanups so early(no wonder all other companies have trac vacs and dumps with leaf loaders). i did this small lawn today. it has been exactly 1 week since it was mowed last and all the beds and bushes were blown out and the gutter cleaned. also the city swept this street for an unknown reason yesterday and look at how many leaves. i cant mulch the front becuase the lawn is thin due to a large tree over most of it. the back i tried but it was too much so here is a pic of most of the leaves from the yard. small yard too not a 1/2 acre more like a 1/6 or less acre.

mvc-035f.jpg

8. dlandscaping

from mass

heres the lawn sorry forgot to put it in.

mvc-036f.jpg

9. dlandscaping

from mass

im just learnin pics sorry about it. heres the back it looks bigger then it is, from where i took the pic to the shed is about 50 feet.

mvc-037f.jpg

10. Egg corns, or acorns? I always thought it was acorns Evan. :eek: