leaf sucker poll

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by godzilla, Nov 11, 2010.

?

do you prefer to pick up piles, or windrows?

1. One big pile

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. windrows

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I don't have a leaf loader, but make piles anyway

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I don't have a leaf loader, but make windrows anyway

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you who have truck loaders AKA leaf suckers, when picking up leaves, do you prefer to drive up to a single pile, or a windrow?

2. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

I say one big pile because why have one guy driving and one guy feeding when u can just make one big huge rock solid pile and use the guy that was gonna drive for the final cut or something? Stick one of your guys who pissed u off earlier to disect the twisted pile of acorns sticks and oak leaves! We use a turf sweeper so making a pile only makes sense. :weightlifter:BIG STEVE B WSL:weightlifter:

3. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

One big pile near the street (or driveway) because on "most" jobs I can't get my leaf trailer anywhere else but the street or a driveway.
    I have, however backed down into a backyard through a narrow slot between the house and a stone wall...around a curve no less...don't want to do that again!:dizzy: Actually had to take part of the stone wall apart to clear my front wheels...nutty!:hammerhead:

4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

one pile so i don't have to get in and out of the truck to move it. a lot my account put them in windrows on the side of the driveway and road. in and out of the truck moving it . i try to have one of my crew with me or with them doing windrows make it easy and save time.

5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

A line right at the curb. One guy sucks while the other drives slowly.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

usually one big pile by the street or if its a big lawn ill do more than one pile by the street on opposite sides of the lawn