leaf system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ups, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ups

ups LawnSite Member

im looking to purchase a leaf vacumn/truck loader for my 3-4 yd dump.
    what gives the best bang for the buck?
    what should i be looking for?
    how much is enough?
    how much to pay?

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a gaint vac. But the little wonder is the only way to go on truck loaders. Its chopping blades really grind the leaves. Its the baddest small loader out there. Unless you need one this big. www.theodbco.com
  3. ups

ups LawnSite Member

thanks, how much did you pay for the giant vac and what is the big difference btw that and the little wonder, fill me in on any quality machines that help getting leaves out of small areas.. thanks
  4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

It depends a lot on what you are sucking with them. Some guys pick up piles for anyone, while I only pick up my messes. ( You know what's in the leaves) Rocks, trash,
    small animals , toys, pumpkins you never know what people will put on the curb...Iv'e got a Billygoat, 11 hp.
    Working by myself, not too bad, and I could imagine if you had a crew, someone could run it while the pile grew. But to do it over I'd go for at least 16 hp. I can't speak for the other brands, but I doubt that shredding makes that much difference.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got my 13hp honda gaint vac used off a friend for $500. Looks bad but the engine was a year old. If I were to buy new it would be the little wonder.
  6. GreenscapesofWestMichigan

GreenscapesofWestMichigan LawnSite Member

if you can justify the ODB model you will never go with a smaller unit again. I own 4 ODB vacs with 120 hp engines, and ill never go to some one else ever again....even if i only have one yard left ill stilll have one of those vacs.

Owner Greenscapes of West Michigan