Leaf trailer modified from last season!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to post a few photos of my leaf trailer I rebuilt this season. Just thought I would share.

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a nice well made leaf box is it made of 1/4 in steel? Are you planning on painting it?

3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

What size loader is that?? How long does it take you to fill that up all the way?? Sweet setup

4. Blades of Steel

Yes I intend on painting it YELLOW like my other one in the spring when things slow down. It is a L12' x W5' x H7' and takes a good bit to fill it. 16 guage sides and a 10 guage bottom.

Pen oaks, I can go all day. Most of the time I can go a full day or so depending on the type of leafs.

Get this, I did a 1/4 acre corner lot this fall and filled the trailer 4 times. This lady had some leafs.

tIM

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you not have any vents and if not, how does it handle that?

6. Braxton

Braxton LawnSite Member
    from TN

I'm still learning here; never done a leaf cleanup at all. That's a nice looking rig, but I have some questions if you don't mind.

Where do you buy the commercial component? I guess from grassyfras's post that it's called a loader? Does it grind/compact the leaves? And how do you empty that setup?

Thanks.

Braxton

7. Blades of Steel

walker-talker,

That tarp on top is a mesh tarp. Had it custom made for 38.00 at a commercial tent maker her in town. I'll say that is the least expensive part of it..

Tim

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a dump trailer, how do you get the debris out of there?

9. Blades of Steel

cable and a pallet. Just hook it to the tractor at the dump and he pulls it right out.Comes out like a loaf of bread...

Tim

10. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

well i hope it works for your sake , cuz ive got boxs on dump bodies and have trouble sometimes