Leaf Trailer w/ 18hp Giant Vac

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Even Cut Lawn Care, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well here it is! Iv'e added 4' of heighth to my trailer to give me a 6.6'x12' leaf box. I mounted a brand new Giant Vac 18hp to the tounge of the trailer. For about $250 worth of materials and a days woth of fab work I think Ive got a pretty good setup. Its still waiting on a coat of paint a a few bolts to be put in.

Leaf trailer 022.jpg

Leaf trailer 027.jpg

Leaf trailer 028.jpg

Leaf trailer 021.jpg

Leaf trailer 004.jpg

2. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

Did you weld the discharge sections together?
    Can you mount you discharge in any direction?

3. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice......

4. Even Cut Lawn Care

I welded the top two sections together to get the correct height. I can change the direction of the discharge by unbolting the top and facing it forward to the truck. I plan on adding two more tabs so that i can face it to thr right or left also.

5. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

I have the same vac. The discharge tube will only fit one way. It's like the tabs are welded on the wrong side. I wanted to turn my machine around to discharge from the side. Load from the curbside.
    As it is I can only load with hose at a 90 degree angle.
    I'm thinking of some way to rework the discharge to work like yours.

Giant Vac loader.jpg

6. Even Cut Lawn Care

Here is the parts I cut off. U can turn the chute halfway around if that will help. To turn it any other way you will have to do something like what I did

7. Even Cut Lawn Care

From the looks of the picture your machine looks to have a liner in the top part of the discharge...Does it?

Leaf trailer 017.jpg

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like the trailer bed is welded to the frame ... is this correct ?? If so, how do plan to dump the debris once the container is full ??

9. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

I went out to the garage and took a look at the unit. I think I can just set my upper discharge shoot ontop the unit. The fit is not as tight as when the tabs are lined up. I just use the upper curved chute. I will re work my mount to set the machine side ways. This wil also make starting it so much easier. I'm putting the box on the dump trailer on monday. It's a good thing I found you thread.

leaf loader dump.jpg

10. Even Cut Lawn Care

Im Fabricating a sliding wall to extract the leaves when full. I will be able to hook a chain to a post at my dump site and then just slowly pull up. Im going to build a dump trailer over the winter.