Leaf Vac long hose? Suction loss?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bel Air Bob, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

I am looking for info on suction loss with a longer hose. I have 11HP TracVac and it came w 12ft long 8" diameter hose.....If I increase to 25 ft, will I lose much suction? Hoping someone out there has tried this and can tell me before I spend a fortune on long hose....P.M. me if u like. thanks for any advice.
  2. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I would think the suction power would be the same. Seems the main problem with going to a long hose is clogging. That 25 foot hose is going to be expensive! I have looked into hose for my Little Wonder leaf sucker and it was in the neighborhood of $10 per foot!
  3. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

OH YAH, BIG BUCKS. $10 per ft was lowest price I could find on 8". Got prices of $15 even $25, and the $25 wanted $50 - $100 extra for shipping on top of that!
  4. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

We don't use a hose at all, just 12" pvc pipe that hangs about 8" above the ground at a 45 degree angle to the ground. Absolute best setup as far as we're concerned. NO CLOGS.
    With this system, it's good to have 2 or 3 people vacuuming. One person metering/feeding the pipe opening, and the other person(s) feeding him.