1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf vac systems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, Nov 8, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

Where do you find leaf vac units, is their a certain co. that makes them?
  2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean leaf vacs, like walk behinds or leaf loader (debris) loaders? Either way look up www.billygoat.com
  3. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

i am a first year one man operation. i bought a cyclone rake. i am just getting it set up. i live in south mississippi and leaves are just now falling. i am happy with the way the cyclone rake set up as far as mounting on my mower, and can use it to load and unload trailer. also it folds up where i can haul everything. the motor was easy to mount on my trailer so i can do curb side pick-up. hope to get a chance to try it soon. i may try on some old grass clippings just to see how it works. it did take awhile to get my cyclone rake. you must order direct which is good and bad.
  4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

5. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I just bought a PECO Pro 12. Works very well. Dump from the seat. www.lawnvac.com
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Billy goat, Litle Wonder, Giant Vac, Peco, just a couple I could think of. :cool:
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Very generic question....can you be more specific?
  8. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

jbob, I just got my cyclone rake assembled and am going to try it out today. looks pretty cool though.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,... we're talking about two different things, here.
    What do you want, a Vac for your mower, - or a vac to put the leafpiles into your truck?
  10. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

What is the average price for a large trailer or truck mounted leaf vac/blower?