Leaf Vac Truck Idea

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by All American CL, Sep 14, 2010.

1. All American CL

All American CL LawnSite Member

Tell me if you have any info about converting a street sweeper truck into a awesome leaf vac truck

The truck:
    has its own 4cyl diesel engine to power the vac, the dump is a 5 yard it also has a h20 water supression system installed on it if needed to minimize dust. The truck is only $1500 and it was a ex-city truck with only 50K miles on the main detroit diesel engine.

I was thinking I may leave the truck as it is and drive over leafs and see how well this works to collect them, or attatch a hose like a regular leaf vac and suck away.

I need opinions or suggestions/ or if you have tried this before. I have all commercial accounts and I can drive the truck into all the accounts, I also will be able to advertise for parking lot sweeping too.

2. All American CL

All American CL LawnSite Member

here is a pic
    3ob3p53ld5V35X45R4a9b2f4114cee82d1c4e.jpg

3ob3p53ld5V35X45R4a9b2f4114cee82d1c4e.jpg

3. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

....I think its great for sweeping parking lots, but not leaves. It only holds a small amount of leaves vs. size truck and fuel economy. Also I don't think the sweeper shreds the leaves, so Im thinking that would fill up wayyyyy to fast.

4. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Include lot maintenance to your services, extend the box walls and tarp. Mount a loader on it.