Leaf Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrebeiro, Apr 15, 2001.

1. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Are there any large leaf vac's? Either ride on or walk behind. Cuz we are getting alot of cleanups with just leaves and raking and blowing dont get them all. I'd like to pick up dang near everything and a walk behind vacuum would do it!

2. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

I just rented a Billy goat pro walk behind vaccum! I was not that impressed with it! It worked good if the leafs were dry and loose but will not pick up wet or leafs under the top layer!

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Just buy a 199.00 leaf sweeper. Run over the leaves with your mower and semi-mulch them and then pull the leaf sweeper behind you over the yard. It's the cheapest way to go and they do work......

4. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I know gravely makes a very large one. They have one at the school that I attend. They pull it behind a mule. It really does work nice for picking up trash out of the parking lots. I have a smaller walkbehind unit and it dosen't pick up crap.

5. MowForReal

MowForReal LawnSite Member

6. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Mow....

Thanks for the link to the web site. I am thinking about one for the fall. How much $ do they list for and why did you not go with the bigger motor?

Thanks for the input.

Mark

7. MowForReal

MowForReal LawnSite Member

I got mine real cheap used. That's why it's a 5.5HP.
    They retail for around $1500 to $1800...not cheap. I would get the bigger engine if it wasn't to expensive, because it does clog when picking up too many leaves. And it only works if everything is dry, otherwise it clogs up all the time when things are too moist.

8. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the Agri-Fab pull behind vac? They have one with a chipper too. I think they sell for about $900-1200. Man that Trac-Vac has got to be one the slowest loading sites I've seen.

9. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I only have 2 wb mowers. So are there any good attachments for these?

10. i have done this before- go over the lawn with the big blowers. then go over it with a mower that has a thatcher on it. like a jrco thing or whatever. that should pick up whatever the blowers left behind. use that with a bagger and hopefully it will work. also like that you can charge for thatching too.