Leaf Vac's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by UnderCutter, Sep 1, 2004.

1. UnderCutter

UnderCutter LawnSite Member

I am just starting out and I was wandering if there are any good leaf vac's on the market. I know that Craftsman makes 2 and MTD makes 1 are there any others that I am missing. I was looking for the push type like a lawn mower.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Do a search on here for "lawn vacs". You'll probably get better results with those words as "leaf vac" often pertains to truck loaders.

3. north in south

north in south LawnSite Member

Billy Goat makes a push type vac, also a self propelled. These units will give you years of good service.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

You own and use one of these for your business?

If so, I'd like to hear more about your experiences with them, as most here seem to think that they don't work well for leaf clean ups on lawns.

5. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

When I started out on my own I bought a Billy Goat push vac. Two years later I am kicking myself for spending the money on it. I should have bought a nice push blower. My opinion is you can make better use of the money that you would spend on the lawn vac. Don't get me wrong they do work but it is slow and does nto work well on pine needels