leaf vacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

what are some good leaf vacs, and where can i find them online?
  2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I would suggest buying a vac from a dealer for two reasons. 1 Leaf vacs are heavy making them expensive to ship. 2 If it breaks down and you need parts the dealer you bought it from most likely has them or can get them quick. What size vac are you looking for? Billy goat, little wonder, giant vac, trac-vac are all good brands trac-vac makes smaller vacs and several models that can be used on walkbehinds, and riders, i'm sure i forgot one or two others. Get the biggest engine you can afford there is a huge different between a 11 hp loader and a 20 hp loader. Do a search for "truck loader" or "leaf loader" there is a lot of info on the site about them. All of these companies have websites.
  3. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

I have a Trac-Vac that i use with myLesco Viper 60" ztr and it saves me so much time on spring and fall cleanups that i cant get rid of it. It is a tow behind with a 5.5hp b+s motor and 2 44 gallon barrels. with it i normally charge 75-100 a hour to use it but have cleanes up 1 acre yards in no time with it. like the post above me i dont know if this is what you are looking for but if it is i would really look into them. they also make them for walk behinds

Albenesius Lawn Service