1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf vacuum bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grub, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Grub

Grub LawnSite Member

hello everyone I have read your articles and learn a lot in the past few month. Now I have one for you. I am bidding on a curbside leaf vacuum services for a city with about 1400 properties. The spec. call for 4 pickups through out the year, (Oct, Nov, Dec, Apr). There are bunches upon bunches of trees, The homes sit on approxmate 1 to 1 1/2 acres. I came up with 700 man hrs per pickup and approxmately 2.5 cu yds ( for the 4 pickups) of leaves per resident give or take. I plan on using 3 crews with 3 billy goat tailgate loaders and 3 pickups and 3 6'x 10' trailers modified to holds 17 cu yds each for a total of 51 cu yds. My questions,

1. Am I being fair with the estimate on the cu yds per year or could there be more since this will effect my cost for disposal.

2. I estimate each resident will take approx. 30 min per loading giving me approx 12 wks to complete the entire scheldule dependent on weather. What do you think.

3. What would you bid. and give me your break down. I try the equiv of a per resident bid and thought i was to high.