Leaf Vacuum Mount ideas?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by devnuts, Oct 19, 2011.

1. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Is there enough room between the front rails and the jack to fit that? That's the spot most seem to mount to but if that option doesn't work then this is going to get interesting.

3. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Well then id weld on some mounting plates in the triangle so you could bolt it on when you need it have the chute 90 degrees to the side so it goes into the trail mounted box. Now you may need to modify the length of it nut that's easy just cut off the chute so it fits.

5. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks trying to avoid any welding but good idea

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Buy 2 sections of 3" by 1/2" steel stock cut to whatever length you would need and then bolt that to the tounge of the trailer an the DL to that. That way you can remove it dureing the rest of the year. I would also use rubber washers between the DL an mount.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Don't mount it at all because you're going to hate unloading that trailer!

8. knox gsl

He's got to do it once, should be all that it takes. Just don't let them sit in there overnight or drive a few hundred miles with them in the trailer.

9. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

I don't do a ton of leaves so I am not going to have to unload it much. Just put a tarp down and drag it out. I'm not gonna pack them in real tight.

10. knox gsl

Put a pallet in the front with a chain or cable wrapped around it and laid on the floor. When you unload just pull the pallet out.