Leaf Vacuum

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by aced76, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aced76

aced76 LawnSite Member

Anyone ever built a lawn vacuum for the larger properties?

2. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I hope you get lot's of information on this wanting to do some kind of unit also.

3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Trac-Vac builds a few.

4. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

aced im interested in the same...last season i landed a LARGE account 602 house association..i wanna get/build something for the large open areas behind the houses...i have a vac but its mounted on the truck..i wish i could drive the truck back but i cant....this leaf season we uses 2 methods...blowing/raking onto large tarps and pulling the tarps with zero turns and also using exmark navigator to suck up the majority and shred the leaves then dump on a tarp and pull with the zero turns...i wish i had a light box that held 3-5yrds of leaves and a vac so my zero turns can pull

5. aced76

aced76 LawnSite Member

ya we tarp and zero pull too. 60 inch diesel exmarks kick butt w the ultra vac, but got to be a better long range way. You buy the 2 packs of 16 ft tarps at costco? Really strong and you can make leaf burritos and zip w trimmer line if needed.

6. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

leaf burritos lol well just pass the hot sause and salsa and ill be good to go!! lol we use 16x20fters i think or 12x20fters i forget...i purchase them from northerntool about a week ago for next leaf season...usually get 2 seasons out of them

7. aced76

aced76 LawnSite Member

ya 18 bucks for 2 blue or brown very heavy duty at Costco. Ya pass the hot sauce for the jets game !

8. aced76

aced76 LawnSite Member

I wish some more members would ring in on this post. I think there is a way to build a good unit, just need input. Leaves suck...LOL. Hey you arent related to Joe Piscopo are you?

9. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

the hurricane seems to be a nice blower an dhas this vaccum setting to and blows leaves it the truck does anybody know the price of 1

10. lucky lawn landscaping

lucky lawn landscaping LawnSite Member

I was thinking of getting one of these and making an attachment on my hustler next year.

leaf bag.jpg