Leafbox & linex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shack, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

We built a new leafbox for the dump truck. Instead of panting I was wondering what are your thoughts of using Linex for the interior and exterior. The box is made of wood.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What is linex?
    I painted the outside of mine white to match the truck and I am not even going to mess with the inside, only did the outside for looks.

3. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

Line X is a spray on bed liner.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

ah, ok. I'd have to know how much cost difference between that and paint but I think I'd go with paint on outside and LineX on inside, i think the paint would just look better but LineX might be better on inside (durability)

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Just today I was told about Slip Plate. It is used by farmers to coat inside their dump vehicles so loads empty easily. Available at farm supply stores. A coarse spray-on type would cause debris to stick in the dump.

Anyone ever tried this?

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Went to the Tractor Supply Co's website. It said that they carry the "slip plate". So I made a drive to find out that they don't carry it, but carry a similar product called "EZ Slide". For a 16oz spray can it was $5.....I am going to try this on my deck. For a gallon it was $23 and treats 300-400 sq ft. I am going to try this on my grain truck's dump bed. I did a search on this site and only found one reference of the EZ Slide....the reference was pertaining to mowing decks and said it worked well. I guess we'll find out next week.

MATT