Leafloader discharge chute extender....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 9, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Where can I find a discharge chute extender that's about a foot long? I want to raise the discharge height about 12" or so.
    I called Landscapers Supply and they only have a 24" and a 36". Too tall for me.
    I remember seeing talk of an 11" one. Anyone?

Thanks.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Talk with a fabricator, they can bend some cold rolled steel and weld it together. If you don't have any other luck finding one.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this something that you might have to make? I am looking at lots of old pics for leaf systems here at lawnsite. Looks like some of the best stuff is "custom made".

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, I know that an 11" one exists. But, since I need it ASAP, by the time I locate one and have it shipped, it might be faster and easier for me to just have something made. I'll check with some fab/welding shops tomorrow.

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

After futhur consideration, might be faster to buy the 24" and cut it down to the size you need. I was in a hurry also with mine, but it was going to be a little more than what I wanted to spend and also it would be unpainted. So I just bought the next size larger and cut it down myself with a hacksaw....no regrets.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The 24' was like $120 and that was before shipping. Plus it would have taken about a week he said.

Keep in mind that these extenders, at least the ones I'm talking about, have a flange at each end with holes for the bolts to go through. So if I bought the larger one and cut a section out of the middle of it, I would still have to weld the two peices back together. And although I did recently buy a cheap welder, my welding skills are laughable at this point. But I can paint, so that part won't matter ;-)

So getting a local place to make one might still be the fastest way to go.

Unless someone has a source for the 11" one and that source can get it here in a couple days, and the price isn't too bad.

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

Thats what I paid for my 36" lesco extension...and it took about a week aslo. I think it was going to be around $150 for the fabricator to make one....that was with the flange also. They just bend another piece and weld them together.

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Billy Goat makes the 11 inch extension. Cost about $90 when I bought mine.