1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leafs please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRSlawn, Jun 27, 2005.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys how do you guys charge for fall clean up? Is the any way to do it without charging by the hour? How much are you guys getting for dump fees? What do your set ups consist of? I have approximately 90 residential yards that will all have to be bid on and I don't think they are going to go for an hourly rate. HELP ME PLEASE
  2. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

Just an FYI, if you give them any type of written quote, it's "Leaves".
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

exactly Leaves only. Not sticks, shrubs, gutters or such. they all come in at a different price.
    As for your hourly rate what are you using? rakes, blowers, leaf vacs?
    I charge 80-100 per man hour. most only take an hour or so. 1/4 acre lots. Use blower and mowers to clean.
    Now if it is a really picky person 50 per man hour. put all my guys on to get cleaned and then leave on guy picking out of the bark and all that crap stuff.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

LEAVES??? man that is one bad word this time of year! Moderators please, foul language!!!

I just do my regualr lawn customers and I hit them every week as needed untill the leaves are done dropping. I usually only add on an extra charge to the bill if I had to blow out beds or if there was more leaves than usual that made the lawn take longer than it should. Like I said, I do them weekely as they are coming down. If you are waiting for every last leaf to drop before going out to do cleanups then you will need to charrge bigs bucks and god help you...
  5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I know about the misspelling I knew I would get it for it. Anyone got pics of awesome leaf setups?
  6. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

no so much the set up as it is the method of getting them up. :cool2:
  7. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

Leaf season is one of my favorite times of the year. I charge the customer for the regular lawn mow including a fee for blowing out the beds and disposal fees. I average 45-50 dollars a mow and it only takes me an exta 5-10 minutes time. Good money to be made in the leaf season if you know what you are doing.
  8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Really depends on the your location and the 'leaf' type and coverage. Costs can be as much as 4 or 5 times the mow charges, because thats how long it may take you each time. Dump fees are extra and depend on what your landfill/dump chages. Some are by the ton, some are by the cubic yard. Check before you quote. Good money if you don't mind working hard for a few weeks. Nice thing is, it's not hot then.