leaking battery

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutting edge, Feb 2, 2001.

1. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I purchased a 2000 lazer hp last march. Sometime during the summer I noticed some corrosion on the bracket that holds the battery in. I noticed the other day that it has gotten worse. I called the dealer to see if it was something that should be covered under warranty. I was told that the bouncing around of the mower sometimes would cause the battery to leak and that it is not covered under warranty. I was just wandering if any of you other exmark owners were experiencing this problem or was I fed a line of bs?

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't had this problem on my Exmark or any of my equip.,I'd look at the ventcap and inspect the battery for cracks or a defects in the case. If you have'nt already? Baking soda works on nuetralizing the acid.
  3. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

Thanks DMC,

I'm not very educated in the subject of battery maintenance. I guess that is about to change.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It can also be caused by a stuck voltage regulator too. If it is stuck, it can charge all the time and cause the battery to leak. Normally even in rough turf, it shouldn't leak.