Leaking pump

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by chariot, Jun 26, 2002.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

My new EPS now has about 25 hours and I noticed that the pump is leaking. It is the bottom right hose on the right side pump (right side when sitting on the machine). What are the possibilities of it just being a loose line? Should I try and tighten it up myself? Looking at it I don't even know how I would get a wrench to it. Is this going to hurt anything. If I keep the fluid level normal and the leak does not get any worse should I be okay until I am not busy Monday and then take it to the dealer?

I am the one that had the bent pulleys just a couple of weeks ago if you don't remember me.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

First, don't hassle with this yourself for a couple of reasons. First, you have a new machine and it's not supposed to be leaking any hydro fluid. Second, we need to know what's wrong with the machine for certain so that if necessary we can take measures to ensure that this doesn't repeat itself on your machine or someone else’s. With a hydro leak in the area your talking about most likely it's just a loose fitting but it could be a bad o-ring, bad gasket, fitting flair or even a casting issue. It's tough to say and we want to make sure it's right.

If you could please e-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com and let me know who your dealer is again so I can give him/her a call.