1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Redmax anyone???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, May 12, 2004.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Redmax trimmer this year (BC225DL) and as it sits, the gas is leaking out of the tank.
    I wondered if anyone else has had this happen, or what the deal is with it.

I want to use my new toy, but with the gas leaking out, and the head clogging, it hasn't gotten much use as of yet.

Going to the dealer on lunch today to talk to them about it, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this at all?

Thanks everyone
  2. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 225 (the non restricted old model) love it, great little trimmer . no problems yet.
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Do you mean the gas is leaking out of the top of the gas cap? or is it leaking out of the actual tank?
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

The gas is leaking from the bottom of the tank, where the two black nubs are (I think those are for keeping it level on the ground)

Anyhow, I dropped it off at the dealer to have a look see.
    I'll let you guys know what they find.

The one or two times I used it it worked great, lots of power compared to what I was used to, I think it will be fine after a quick look.
  5. kedeg

kedeg LawnSite Member

I know here in St. Louis last summer we had Redmax trimmers belching fuel out of the carbs. This was due to the type of fuel in the area. It was because the tank wasn't venting and to crack the gas cap to release the pressure seemed to help the flooding.
  6. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

we have a redmax than we got a stihl 110rx and it will flat out blow that redmax away