Leaking tree Mystery

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by WetWell, Aug 19, 2006.

1. WetWell

WetWell LawnSite Member

I saw this article on a leaking tree that reminded me of overgrown sprinkler heads. This crazy even drinks the water:

"But walking into Mrs. Pope's backyard and seeing water pouring continuously from a tall red oak, like tea sprouting from a kettle, made me widen my eyes, smile, shake my head in astonishment and disbelief and say, "Damn if that tree isn't leaking."

Mrs. Pope and her son, Lloyd, say that the tree began leaking in early April and has yet to stop. Every other day he fills a plastic gallon container with the water, which flows as cool and clear as spring water, and uses it as drinking water. "
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Its from a water main, there was a follow up article.

The crazies are still thinking its divine though :laugh:
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I remember one 'leaking tree' that came about differently - a spring had been plumbed to an above-ground pipe, and strapped to a post. The post, being green lumber, took root, and eventually grew into a tree, with a steel pipe coming out of the trunk, spring water pouring out.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Does this tree also have a figure of the Virgin Mary in its knotty trunk? :p
  5. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

6. WetWell

WetWell LawnSite Member

I'm glad this never happens with sewage pipes then, yuck. I missed that earlier post.