leaks and stuff n fluff

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Boots, I find shitt, I don't judge it
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Purging a branch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

What's this?

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gate valve was leaking so I spun the nipple out and plugged it off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I had to take a bunch of documentation pics for this site. Most don't have any redeeming vaue to any of us but i had to prove or disprove the presence of the domestic water as the source of the water in the first pics.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Could be a peristalsic pump. Positive displacement. Flex tubing looped inside a cylinder, while a gear-motor moves rollers over it, pinching shut the tubing, and pushing the contents downstream.

per_pumphead.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

http://lmi-pumps.com

I have no information about this place other than it's former life was that of a game club. I don't know what they were injecting into the water BUT I took my own to drink. Anybody say BACKFLOW PREVENTION?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

What ever it is it looks like had mixed in exact amounts.

Cool pics. 3/4 Mile long ditch with water in it.. Must be a huge leak if it is one.. That does not look fun

Any luck so far ?

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I'm done, everyone's happy and the owner wants the utilities mapped before doing his cleanup and repairs and restoration. He just bought the orchard that land locks this former gun club and wanted to eliminate future problems from neighbors.

Jobs like these are less about finding the source of the water and more about proving that you're not creating the the problem. I managed to prove that the water wasn't coming from the domestic well, found a few small leaks and eliminated them.

The pressure tanks are holding now and it's quite obvious that the domestic system wasn't losing enough water to create and maintain the surface flow.

I think I mentioned it before, I think it's a spring. They're common in this area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. stebs

stebs LawnSite Senior Member

Looks that way since it says "dosing" on it, Maybe an old school fertigation system?