leaks and stuff n fluff

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking of mike, he's incommunicado due to an accident that put the Mac out of commission. Been quiet huh.

The 20th is his 68th birthday so all I can say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIKER!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

I kill me :)

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

He should stop surfing 'those' websites, even a Mac is vulnerable :)

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What's with all the cozy niceness hear can't someone start a arguement ? Or are arguements only allowed on the third floor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Many happy returns to the mayor of Cactus Hug. We'll let him rest up.

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

A lateral break in a new play area

I couldn't find the flow of water anywhere I dug in here!

Busted out the accoustical and found it blind

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

First place you always look in a case like this is wherever they were digging (i.e. swing set legs), no equipment needed. :waving:

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. Swing sets, fence posts, newly planted trees and shrubs, drain pipes, home for sale signs. I have a customer who puts a hockey rink in the back yard every season, and they hit the PVC laterals about 2 out of every 3 years for about 10-12 years now.

8. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Very impressed. Wish I was that good....

9. mitchgo

Good point.. Fence installations that would be a no brainer . I guess not for playsets for me .. I can't recall a playset issue having a broken pipe around the post it's always been near the border . I haven't exp that one yet.

Actually this playset was installed last year and this was a new homeowner. I could just tell it looked new. The zone worked adequately it just didn't have the same ' umf ' as the rest of the zones.. The gpm was 2x the amount as it should have been. When I dug up the 1 head that was inside the bark there was 4" of standing water everywhere. I almost passed this issue by myself.. But I was curious why the zone just didn't look the same compared to the others with the near same design. so I'm sure many others would say ' looks good to me ' and not notice the issue

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. mitchgo

I left my phone at home today but I spent half my day repairing a galvi leak.. Good ol Galvi