learn from my mistake!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by flam41, Oct 17, 2005.

1. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I have Grand plans of commercial bids this next month. so I ordered new bifold buisness cards, stationary, envelops, & presentation folders. All custom print. I gave them wrong po box #, & evan proof read it wrong. I had to reprint. Almost $500. worth.
    What can I say~
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Never proof read your own writing. Rarely will you catch your own mistake. Always have someone else check for accuracy.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Ahhh...words from the wise. I will have to agree with Rod on this one. I did the same thing about 3 years ago. Had some vinyl made up for the side of my truck. Go there to pick up and pay and to my surprise they had the wrong phone number. To even more of a surprise I had signed off on the proof. They were kind and did it again for free.....I was lucky.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi flam41,

Sorry about that. Another thing to consider that happens a lot. What ever marketing material you are having created, hand it to someone and tell them to call the phone number within it. See if it actually rings your phone. You wouldn't believe how many times the wrong phone number gets written by accident.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>