Learning quick on the job...lol

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 16, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i learned a good lesson today, if its green and really tall like taller then the rest of the lawn its probably a sewage area...lol.
    Yeah i saw it and tried to mow it with my ZTR and you guessed it i got burried up to the top of my rear wheels and had to have some guy pull me out with his truck.
    The customer was totally cool about it and said it was her fault for not warning me,i left that job when i finished and want right to the car wash..lol. I am learning alot lately!

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

This happens all to much to all of us :laugh:. Just the other day I had to help this guy get his scag out of a ditch.
    I have also learned that when the grass is tall "If it exist, you will roll over it". The other day I ran over a pair of bolt cutters in someones front lawn.

3. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I got my exmark stuck in a ditch last year (right when i bought it!) I thought i could cut it because my old mower could. But NOPE exmarks dont cut ditchs well lol. So i unhitched my truck and my customer got in it and pulled me out as i was pullin the levers into reverse ( i didnt kno how to disengage my wheel motors and didnt have my manual at the time).

4. Orbitalawn1

Orbitalawn1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Bolt cutters .ouch ......thats got to be good for the ole mower ....

5. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Try a 1/2 rebar that was driven in the ground, and was never there other years. :confused:

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Bigw your shiney stuff will soon look like my old stuff