Learning Spanish

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Wyboo, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Wyboo

Wyboo LawnSite Member

I am going to soon be employing some Spanish workers. They do not know much english and I know a small amount of Spanish. I would like to learn more but do not have the time to sit down and take a class. Anyone have any good books they have worked or audio they have listned too that actuall worked.

Thanks

Wyboo

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

just wait and let them teach you thats what i did....im not fluent but i get through the day

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Why dont you tell them to learn ENGLISH. Who is working for who? Anyway?

4. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with capelawncare tell THEM to learn english. I've got better things to do than learn spanish.

5. capelawncare.com

This is the goddam problem with America. We hire people who cant speak our language, probably dont pay taxes, probably without health, life, accident, or auto insurance. And want AMERICANS to learn their language, so they can work for us!

I wont even go into ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DEBATE. But the next time your whining about your health care and insurance costs, think about the 12 million ILLEGALS who are jacking up your bill.

Nuff Said!

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Most lawn employees will get a refund anyway. And most dont have health, life, or accident insurance citizen or not. The actual problem with america is that we have too many lazy people who wont work a job tht is too hard physically.

7. Nelawnguy

Nelawnguy LawnSite Member

Why not hire some high school or colllege kids? Oh I forgot no one wants to do this job so a illegal will do it.

8. capelawncare.com

that funny, i just read a post about guys complaining about too much competition

9. Darrin A.

Darrin A. LawnSite Member

ditto:usflag:

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I agree.

Make HIM learn YOUR language. Or do you want to coddle him, like everyone else seems to want to do?

Don't speak English? Won't learn? Take a f-in hike...