Lease a 2008 GMC Seirra for $250

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jds720, Jun 19, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok im looking into leasing a quad cab V-8 w/ the fuel management for $250 a month, 600 down payment for 2 years. Right now i have a Isuzu Rodeo, and it sucks. NO Good! so i figure instead of buying a truck, lease it, and im sure in 2 years there will be a truck out thats more gas efficient, and i wont be upside down in my trade.

2. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

my truck is a lease. as long as you take care of it and dont run up the miles on it theres nothing wrong with it, exepct that its a gmc. :eek:

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Whats wrong with a gmc?

4. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

general motors crap

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i dont think this is the business to lease vehicles in...just the nature of the businees you drive a lot of miles job to job to job and its bound to get dents and scratches...we have 6 trucks and while they are all in nice shape they wouldnt be fit for a return if they were leases

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I should build you a stage.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

absolutely. if it ain't scratched or dented, you ain't doing something right. If nothing else you gotta have that little dent in the bumper where you didn't back up to the trailer exactly right.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

NEVER put a down payment on a lease. If the vehicle is totalled or the like, you will lose your down payment. Try for security deposit(s). Some leasing companies allow multiple security deposits which lower the money factor rate. These deposits are returned on turn in or if the vehicle is totalled and insurance pays. Put your money to work for you. By doing MSD's you tend to net a bit of change too!

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

better off buying a 3000 dollar used truck than trowing away $ on a lease

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

ditto that. My friend just bought a used f150 in real clean shape. Its a 2000 and was owned by an older guy. Its ext cab and all it needed was a good waxing.

He paid 5500 for it

Breaks down to about 250 to 260 a month or so if you had to finance it. He borrowed against a CD and got 3% intrest and in 2 years he owns it. Funny thing is I bet in 2 years with the way he takes care of his trucks he will get about the same amount for it. Granted its not an 08 but its a real nice truck.