Lease a Skid Loader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wanabe, Mar 9, 2005.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Do any of the Manufactures lease out skidloaders? I would like to get into doing skidloader work for people, but this may be a better way to go, especially if I do not end up with enough work to pay for one. Anybody doing this?

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

We buy our equipment, but I know Bobcat has lease plans.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

It's likely more a dealer thing than a manufacturer thing... so I'd check with the dealer of the skid steer you'd like to buy.

4. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Ingersoll Rand offers lease plans through the Bobcat dealers.

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Cool! Didn't know that.

6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

CAT also offers then but be ware some lease plans cost more than just outright making payments on one

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Probably going to find out it's better to buy than to lease big ticket items.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I've looked into this as well and found that it is cheaper to buy. However if you have job requiring another machine or a different machine (tracked for example) that may work depending on your ability to incoporate that cost into a job. If your trying to decide if there is enough work for one I wouldn't go with a lease. Short term leases are expensive and your just as bound to the machine as if you bought it. I would find a used machine that is under valued, run it for the season and either keep it if you like, trade for a new one if business is good or sell it for what it is worth and shut the door if your were not busy enough.