Leasing mowers??

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by okeefl, Jan 27, 2007.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Can someone throw out some more numbers that they are paying on a lease, I'd like to know if it would be more money overall to lease or just finance it and make payments.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

For my Phazer I'm at $175.00 a month. The financing is for 3 years, I did not put any $ down or trade anything in. What ever you call it,finance or lease just make sure you are happy with what you are getting & watch out for any rebates. Hope this helps you.

Rob

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Lease payment depends on total price of machine and how much you put down when you sign. I went through Sheffield Fininacial with a dollar buy out at the end. With a lease, everything is deductiable on taxes.

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to lease my new Dixie, but decided not too. But once I get to the point where I am running 3 to 4 crews I will start leasing my Dixie's and turn them in every two years.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I've bought 5 mowers all with the lease program in the last 15 yrs. I use Advance Acceptance most of the time. I make payments 7 months per yr during my growing season, no payments in the winter. My payments are higher but new mowers increase productivity makes up for it. At the end of the lease I pay $1 and own the mower. Just bought a new Hustler using this plan. Plus the whole payment is a tax write off.

6. jtkplc

What's the payment on your Hustler?

7. MJB

from Wa

$600 per month.....May - Nov When I bought it I needed something fast and I picked up a $1300 per month job so it has worked out well.

8. jtkplc

Ok, not as bad as I thought. How many years do you pay for?

9. MJB

from Wa

I believe it is for 18 pyments don't recall exactly, I put around 1500 down too. I don't remember exactly the terms. But it works out to a little more than buying it through a bank with 12 pymts at the going rate. Check it out by contacting Advance Acceptance and get prequalified for the mower.

10. jtkplc

28 X $600 = $16,800 + $1500 down = $18,300???? That's a lot of money overall for a what I'm assuming is the 66" Hustler listed in your signature.