leave attack plan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by whtrash73, Nov 5, 2006.

1. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

my first year with leave clean-up.whats the best leave clean-up plan from start to finish??:drinkup:
  2. first off you have to have the right equipment , such as this. :clapping: :clapping:

3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

start at the first house, go Thur your list until your at the last house.
  4. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

start furthest from the truck. Work the perimeter first and blow leaves until they stop blowing easily. Tarp the majority of these leaves to the truck. Repeat until all the leaves are gone. If you have a leaf plow then you can use that instead of tarps. I don't always like the leaf plow becuase it packs them in and alot of times makes it more difficult raking them into the leaf loader. If you have alot of acorns and other crap in the grass a push blower with a backpack blower working in tandem works well for me.
  5. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

i start at the flower beds and blow into the lawn and then use mower to vac up the leaves. If theres large piles then just bag them. Mowers with mulching blades work well1 hope this helps
  6. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

thanks for the help..where can i get one of those fancy craftsman leave machines??

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Ah, Sears??

Very cool JB
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Whats a leave clean-up?
    I do leaf clean-ups.
    Blow the beds, one way or another get the LEAVES to your truck or into the woods, mow up the remander of LEAVES and then LEAVE.
    LEAVE the tarp at home.
    Tarps are for homeowners.
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

JB!! I WANT THAT! lol
  10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

So how do YOU get them on the truck??