Leave invoice at house?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by scott's turf, Apr 4, 2006.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

We do monthly billing for all our landscaping and mowing customers and this year we will be doing irrigation start-ups and repairs. For those services do most of you guys leave a bill at the house or mail one? Also do those of you that do irrigation and lawn care do you have different invoices for each?

Thanks for the help
    -Scott

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We mail our invoices.

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

MAIL! we run quickbooks pro at the office, much easier.

4. CAL-LANDSCAPER

CAL-LANDSCAPER LawnSite Member

How do you handle your monthly billings? Mail or bill left at door?
    Typed and mailed is more professional, but we also have 'Service Call'
    printed form for hand written invoice to get paid at time of service

5. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

Mailing is definitely the way to go, however, we are also e-mailing all our invoices as aback-up to the hard copy.

6. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Mail all invoices and all work done is on one invoice.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We do both. If they are not home, and it was fairly easy, routine, I leave one there. With a self addressed envelope. If it took a few hours and need to figure a lot of prices, I will figure it at the office and mail. I'll try to attach my invoice later to show you what I leave them.

If they are home, and I don't have time for their endless babble when collecting the check, I tell them I am out of invoices and will mail one.

8. When my company was large, we left lots of bills...now that it is just me and I don't have the resources to suffer through all the receivables....99% of all work is done for folks that are at home, with their checkbooks. As for as endless babble goes, I can babble w/ the best of them and have found that actually gets me referrals.....speaking of referrals, tell Wendi(y?) I said thank you...

When I do work for folks that aren't home, I call them, explain the bill, and get their credit card # over the phone. Easier for me that way.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It's "Windy". Did you get the inspection referral for WP as well?

10. That is what I was talking about and I knew the name was spelled weird...sorry :(