leave plow and exmark Dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DK lawn care, Nov 1, 2007.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I have the dethatcher and think the concept is great and it works fairly well but it is so chincy. I had to make several modifications with it to improve it. The leaf plow looks like it would fold in half compared to the one I made.

3. DK lawn care

Do u have any pics of this? Also what do u mean by chincy?

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a practically new jrco leaf plow I am selling. I have it attached to my Exmark Lazer Z. I works great when trying to move piles of leaves that are past your knee's. They are over $400 new. Selling it for $250.

5. DK lawn care

How much would shipping be to ohio? Cleveland 44145 Does it clear up yards good or do u just blow leaves into a pile with a blower then push them into a street with this plow?

6. greengiant9963

It is basically used to push big piles of leaves. Cleveland is 3 1/2 hours from me. I would be willing to meet you half way.

7. DK lawn care

let me think about it. Do u have any pics? Are all the parts togther? Also why are u selling it? So with this plow, u cant clear up entire yards, u just blow leaves into piles and then push them into the street with this thing.

8. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to agree with Scott. It looks a little on the light side to me. Leaf piles, especially with a little moisture in them, can be very heavy.

9. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Buy the plow for $250. awsome deal. I just paid $430 for mine with tax and freight. if your worried about the durability you could easily bolt on a couple pieces of flat stock and it would be fine. I haven't had any wet leave to move yet. I blow until they won't move any more than push them to the street or over a bank and then vac the lawn at the end. it saves a lot of tarping.

10. greengiant9963

I have pic's. They are posted under the market place here on lawnsite. Look under JRCO Leaf Plow. I have all the parts that go with it. The reason I am selling is I lost a big leaf account and really don't have much use for it.