Leaves and BMW ragtop's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Nov 4, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

On the way back to the shop yard, traveling down the calumet expressway, all of sudden my worker Juan, starts giggling and pointing to the driver side of the truck. Some guy in a BMW rag- top was giving me the finger lol.I first thought what the hell looks like I’m going have to run this mo-fo down. Then I peeped at the side mirror and saw leaves flying all over the rode. The tarp had come loose and the leaves were flying into his car lol, so I didn’t pursue it. We stopped and tried to tie the tarp as best as we could.

After taking Juan and Carlos back to the shop yard, I made a trip to diesel the truck up and go to my P.O Box, at a post office sub-station in a shopping center. Low and behold what do I spy at the shopping center? Yup that BMW rag-top .The guy was sitting in it, with an unlit cig in his mouth. I got a book of safety matches out of my truck, and went up to the dude and said, need a light lol, he looked over at my truck and got the biggest lump I ever saw in a man’s throat lol. As I lit the smoke, I said you really should watch that itchy finger lol; the guy was white as ghost when I left and got back in my truck lol.It felt a little bit nice to get a little satisfaction, without going to jail.

So if any of you had been in the same situation, and happen upon the finger giving perpetrator, what would you have done LOL ?
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Now that was a good laugh!!!.....
  3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

That was a good response on your part, but...I would have given you the finger too. It pisses me off when guys drive around with leaves flying everywhere out of their trucks. I know it was an accident as the tarp came loose. It was a funny story. Good for you for not being violent!
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Funny story!!! Even better way to handle it!
  5. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I got a laugh too. :) Nice coincodence meeting up with him again like that. I kind of like some of the leaves flying out of the back of my trailer. The cars behind me don't seem to ride my a$$ as much.
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

thats a good one good to hear you got to tell him off in a nice way lol
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree.

I don't like getting "the finger" but if I was in the BMW guys shoes, I would have been pissed off too.
  8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I like your way of handling it. even better you didnt get nasty about it, though I would be kinda unhappy too if I had leaves flying into my BMW.
  9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Now that was a GOOD one..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

BILL--I would have expected you to help the guy clean out his car after the laugh.....

and yesssss. I have had my share of laughs. like the time I recently mentioned where 5 starters of the baseball team were egging my neighborhood while I stood there just off the road with my dog, a handheld radio and a 40 cal glock. trust me...a good time was had by all.

GEO :waving: