Leaves and Rain

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by deyoe1118, Nov 14, 2006.

1. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

First post on this site but I am not new to the industry...Just wondering what everyone does when it rains and you have fall clean ups going on. Normally I would go out and continue but it has been really wet here lately. With shorter days and no sunlight during what time we have, the ground and leaves are staying very wet. I have my own method of mulching up the leaves and then going back over them with my ztr. This has been working but I don't want to have to break out the rake for some of these yards. I have had a day or two where I have only done 2 or 3 yards as it is so wet. Any other ideas would help. Thanks:confused:

2. fortdan

fortdan LawnSite Member

Reschedule the jobs or charge more money.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Suck it up and keep going! We spent all freak'in weekeend in the rain raking and blowing leaves around. It sucked big time but it didn't kill me,lol pretty close but I'm still breathing. Thats why I will never erver charge by the job, it strictly per man hour!

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto the suck it up. It sucks and makes the hard work even harder, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :weightlifter:

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Thats why you need to blow them and haul them away. If you dont have the resources to do that invest in it and stop your crying. Were all out there sucking it up and not B!tch!ng about it unless you push our buttons.

6. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

That's why they invented Rain Suits and Hot Coffee!

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

... Or just go back to work for someone else. Not me, not in this lifetime!