Leaves are comming.. unfortunmate but true

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by heygrassman, Aug 4, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Exmark 36" Metro and with the leaves are a comming, it is time to finally outfit her with a mulching kit. I am not sure if the blades are stock or not. I will most likely buy new with the kit.

What blades should I run in coordination with the mulching kit for max chopping (less bagging)??

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

heygrassman:

Here is my suggestion to you. Since you're going to buy the MicroMulch Kit, I would first try the OEM mulch blades that come with the kit. If you're mulching grass and leaves, I would stick with the OEM blades.

If you have a BUNCH of leaves to mulch, you might want to consider purchasing a set of Gator blades. They do an excellent job of mulching leaves. You may notice increased blow-out at the front of your Metro with the Gator Blades. They almost do too good of a job of lifting the debris.

You mentioned that you were looking for the best blades you could use "with the mluching kit for max chopping (less bagging)?". Why would you have to bag if you were using the mulch kit :confused:? Maybe I'm missing something here. If you have any other questions, you know how to get a hold of us.

Hope this helps,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I have one customer that insists on both.. mulch the bag.. I was hoping to prove after a good mulch, she would decide not to pay me to bag with a second cut. Proofs in the pudding. Thanks again.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I can promise you that you will not be mulching and bagging with the same mower on the same lawn. You will not be taking the mulch kit off to bag with. Takes too long to change it back and forth.

Yes gators with the mulch kit are awesome with leaves.