1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaves before and after

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Nov 9, 2004.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Here is the before picture of a small lawn. You can see the leaves are almost the height of the first step then as they gp around the house they are about 10 to 12" deep. Most of these leaves come from across the street and from the house next door. You can see the pine tree on the left and in the back where a neighbour has put up a fence to stop the leaves. There is a decent sized maple tree jut to the right out of the picture. The back lawn is even worse for the amount of leaves.

leaves before1.jpg
  2. cantoo

Here's the after picture.
    The turf is pretty thin at the steps. You can see the shadow from the trees across the road. The lawn was a little damp so it wasn't as clean as we would like but the customer doesn't really care, she's 90 something. And for the smar azzes in the crowd, no, we didn't suck up the cat off the steps with the blower.

leaves after1.jpg
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nice!!! That was a lot of leaves just for a little lot. All I see is pines, where did they come from?
  4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

If you dont mind, how much for your work on this lawn??? Thanx
  5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Looks good cantoo, Did you mulch the leaves first or just suck them right off the turf?
  6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Cantoo, very impressive, dude....nice job.

please tell us the following...
    1. what equipment did you use (redmax, i bet)
    2. how many people
    3. how long did it take
    4. is that the whole yard or there is more in the back?
    5. how much did you charge?

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I agree doesn't look like there are many trees there.
  8. rshofcols

rshofcols LawnSite Member
    from ohio

MAN,to do all those leaves just to get a little pussy.................aint it great being an l.c.o.
  9. cantoo

Okay here's where you hear my confession. I didn't even set foot on this lawn. My wife does most of the work on these small ones by herself. She uses the Walker to suck up leaves and it's better whole than to mulch them first. We have two different Echo back packs (getting a Redmax when I can find a Dealer). She said she was in and out in under an hour which included talking to the lady for at least 10 minutes for Can $60 which is decent around here, most people get kids to do it or do it themselves for exercise. My wife likes to work a steady pace but not enough to kill herself, it's almost a hobby. There is a bigger area in the back but there is nothing to work around just suck up and dump. This would only fill our truck less than 1/2 full. We dump for free and have places to dump near every job we do. I posted pics of our truck setup in another thread.
  10. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

nice job and setup