1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaves falling?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 1, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

alot of my properties this week have had a big drop in oak leaves. if the sycamores aren't bad enough, quite a few of my props were covered in oak leaves. i think it's gonna be an early fall. anyhow, this was unexpected. i show up, of course the clients arent home, but the place is covered in leaves. what do you do? do you clean up, and bill them? do you just run over them, cus you don't have the ok to clean them, and bill for them? this looks like page #7 on my 2006 contracts=" debris that has fallen from trees, on to the turf area, will be cleaned, and billed accordingly."
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

clean them up and bill for it . My contract states and thing on the lawn must be removed or ill remove it and get pays for it. I go all hourly in the fall 30 min cut 40.0 now im their an hour 40.0 plus the cut 40. your bill is 80.0 that week
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah THOSE are the pre-cum leaves I keep talking about, they'll be dribbling off the trees from here on out until they start to fall HEAVY but it does NOT mean fall is starting early, this happens every year.

Far as charging, that's included in the price, it's part of the reason why the price appears a bit high in the slower months (jul-aug) when there's less weed-eating and stuff to be done, now it makes up for it.
  4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say that due to the drought over the summer we will see leaves come down early this year. Thats why next week we start aerrating and over seeding.