Leaves in NJ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Nov 28, 2005.

1. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Is it me or are the leaves clinging to the trees longer this year? I'll blame it on the drought. Has anybody else in Jersey not started full fall clean ups yet? This waiting is driving me crazy. Hopefully later this week I can start, right after it freezes.:blob3:

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

drought makes the leaves drop, not hang on.

It was the large amount of rain, you guys must have gotten some of that 18" inches of rain we got about a month ago.

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

yea theres still like 20%-30% leaves on trees still in my area. The townships seem slow picking them up this year as well so they are blowing around in piles making an even bigger mess. who knows!!

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I've noticed them hanging on longer, too. We've been out all month picking up leaves, the bulk have been picked up already. Started our final sweep today. I still need about 3 weeks to finish, though.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Only have 1 account where they are hanging on. Other than that, we're finished this week for sure...thank God

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two left up here in CT we cant seem to get them done though.Had snow over the weekend now a rainstorm moving in,

7. AintNoFun

how far are you from the prison up there, my father worked there for a long time...

8. rodfather

Which one, the men's or the women's?

9. AintNoFun

womens, edna mahn...

10. rodfather

Other side of town, 5 minutes away. Home to once for Joann Chesimare, now living in Cuba for the last 20 years after escaping from Edna Mahn for gunning down a NJ State Trooper on the NJ Turnpike.

I remember when it happened...I lived within sight of the place.