Leaves in the spring?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kilgoja, Mar 9, 2011.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's weird that some people still have leaves in their yards in march?...Why do some people wait until spring to cleanup their yards?....i've always cut my leaves with the mower during the fall and when spring comes there is no cleanup to be done because there are no leaves on the ground...there sure aren't any on the trees that are falling off lol...i dunno this is just something that's weird to me..any comments on this?
  2. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here the leaves are falling right now.
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Various trees drop leaves throughout the winter. Plus leaves blow around neighborhoods all winter as wind changes and whatnot.
  4. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

there are 0 leaves in my yard right now...shrugs
  5. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I have plenty of leaves in my yard. They blow around all winter. Mainly oak leaves. I've blown them and mowed them already in fall....but more blow in from other areas. So it's not weird for me to have them :)
  6. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a big ash tree out front. After leaves have quit falling, and after the new leaves have
    finished blooming, then you get the seed pods falling down. It's a double whammy.
  7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Exactly what everyone else said. Think of it as job security and some early work for the spring.
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Got to love those leaves
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We have customers where we have given a spotless cleanup in the fall, to go back in March to find that all their beds and shrubs have leaves wedged in them..... All because their neighbors do not clean their leaves. :hammerhead:

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

we had a late leaf drop here, some trees didnt drop til after thanksgiving and we got snow a few days later and it stuck around for the rest of the winter. i have 15-20 cleanups to do as soon as it gets dry enough to walk on peoples lawn.