leaves just now falling in sw ohio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, Nov 25, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i dont know about any one else on here but just starting this monday and really last night are leaves have begun to come down. last night we got some really high winds and i think that was what got them down for good.

man this is going to suck doing cleanups now when its freezing outside rather than when it was still 60's during the beginning of nov

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Come north about 130 miles and you can try doing them when there covered in snow :D they been down for a couple wks now.

Mac

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

The Hartford Pears are really the only ones still holding on around here. The storms and wind the night before Thanksgiving finally got then started.....

Derek

4. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

ya gotta love it :)

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

There are several trees around here that still have almost all their leaves. I don't know when they'll fall. They've hung on during some hard wind the last couple days.

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ours linger till mid January. Our Bradford pears are still hanging in there.

7. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

The only trees that haven't fell yet are the bradford pears, all the rest are all down.

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Bradfords and beech with a little oak and a smidgeon of maple area all that remain on Long Island.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

They are all done around here,we do have a couple of yards we could check and go over one more time before the snow comes but there's not that much so they can wait to spring.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you didn't get hit with any snow this week?