leaves on pool covers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Nov 5, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

anyone have a method they use to get the leaves off inground pools that are now covered? My guy was crafty and bungeed two rakes together in order to reach... but there has to be a better method. all the new covers are a mesh type and there's always water in the center were it sags, leaving a wet leaf pile in the middle.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ADAM--have you tried extensions on the blower tubes?

GEO :)

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

the blowers are set up like they came from the dealer. do you mean further extensions?
    some pools are amoeba shaped and huge. i can't get near the center.

4. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask the homeowner if you can borrow his pool tools (brush, net, etc) to move the leaves closer to the edge.

5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

stick a piece of PVC on a blower and go at it. It will be heavy but it gets the air there and does the job. If needed put a little tire on the bottom.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Who had the clear tube they bought from Home Depot for their eaves attachment? This was perfect, and it was CHEAP! I believe it was vacuum tube for indoor vacuum setups.

8. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

That stuff would work great too. Its like PVC only cheaper and the sidewalls are like 10th the thickness. Its really light then too!

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

It was a member from canada but I cant remember the id, seems he had 25-35 bux in it and I think it was 12 foot long?

wayne

10. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

I use an aluminum painting type extension pole with a leaf rake attached to the end to reach the middle of the pool.

The recommendation of the pool leaf net would be great if the homeowner will cough up the bucks.