1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaves on the ground

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bubble boy, Aug 14, 2001.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

am i crazy or is there an odd amount of leaves on the ground? at this rate i'll be doing clean ups in september.

calls really coming in this week to skip. dont know how many times i can trim hedges:(
  2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sycamores and Cotton Woods are dropping some leaves now but it's the nature of those weed trees. Fall will be on schedule so keep trimming those shrubs 'til the rain comes. Come September, we'll all be mowing like crazy.
  3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

same situation here,seems like the maple trees around here are really stressed.Good job keeping busy i"ve also ran out of things to do on my accounts.Your area up there is one of my favorites.Keep cool.
  4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of the smaller trees around here have lost alot if not all of their leaves. It has been a very dry summer.
  5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

My sycamore isnt dropping leaves just yet, but it will. Oh boy! I also feel that due to lack of rain in some area's the smaller trees are very stressed so they are dropping leaves. We will all be into the season of the leaves soon enough, so everybody just get ready.
  6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Bubble Boy,
    Being from Toronto, I noticed the same thing. Leaves are falling and a lot of the trees seem to be losing colour from their leaves. It must be the dry summer.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

trees respond to lack of water and heat by shedding some of the load.one of my accts today was much like a late fall mowing .
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

there are an abnormaly large amount here too,pecans too