Leaves pick up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by t j lawn care, Nov 11, 2004.

1. t j lawn care

t j lawn care LawnSite Member

I am wondering if any LCO use self Propelled Lawn Vacuum system to pick up leaves. Such as a Billy Goat KD512 sp or a Bear Cat 75011. I don’t have a big lawn care business and I can’t justify a trailer with a debris loader. Any feedback will be appreciated.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

meg mos.............

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i know lco that uses the billy goat for like gas stations and small places but for a leaf clean up with alot of leaves no. what we do is mulch them up and if there is any thing left bag the shredds or rake em up

4. t j lawn care

any other ideas?

5. t j lawn care

does anybody use a lawn vacuum to pick up leaves?

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i actually took pictures, before and after of a cleanup with my meg mos, it was amazing. i wish like hell i could post them. my scanner seems to be malfunctioning.

7. t j lawn care

What about a huge pile of leaves where you rake around a flower garden and pull them back into the yard?

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Billy Goat, but have not used it for some time for leaves, just use it for litter. It was ok, but was faster to use a tarp, I found, but mine is an older model ( spoke wheels) so maybe that's why. Since I run Walker's now, I don't have the need for vac's or tarps. I do have a billy goat loader, that I have on my dump trailer, with aluminum sides, and a screen top, that I use for the huge loads of leaves. This way I have it, but just for when I need it, is a dump trailer otherwise.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 6.5hp Troy Bilt Vacuum, self propelled. I normally recycle/mulch as many leaves as i can with my Z Master, than use the walk behind vacuum to get whats left. The vacuum alone would not be enough to handle most jobs easily, but i still think its nessesary to keep around. If your business isn't real big a walk behind vacuum would probably work good for you. If you do decide to buy one, make sure it shreads the leaves and is self propelled. Before my Troy Bily i had a Toro vacuum that didn't shread and wasn't self propelled. The bag filled up every 30 seconds, and it got so heavy it was difficult to push .

10. t j lawn care

Has any body used a leaf vac for leaf clean up?