leaves pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by juicygrass, Sep 27, 2009.

1. juicygrass

juicygrass LawnSite Member

If one guy does a leaf cleanup,using backpack,rake,and canvas style and it takes 1hr 30 min what would be a fair price?The leaves can be walked into the woods.

2. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

Are you blowing most of it?? or primarily raking and tarp? I would charge $75.00, but that's me and my area.....

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

$150 to $200.

Some companies in my area have a $300 minimum for fall cleanup.

4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont forget time to drive to/from and dump pricing

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would charge by the hour. $75 seems fair

6. wteeter

wteeter LawnSite Member

what's the best leaf vacuum equipment out there?

7. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

$100 to $150 does not seem out of line for an hour and a half of leaf work. $75 is probably not even worth the hassle unless you are in a very competitive market.

8. SchaffLandscaping

SchaffLandscaping LawnSite Member

Yeah big question there is are you raking mostly or just blowing it into a pile, tarping it and dumping in the woods. If thats the case I think 100-150 is pretty good. Pricing is tricky sometimes. I just had a person call me up and wanted a fall cleanup estimate and the yard was really big with massive old trees. It will be a mess soon. I didn't know if I should hit her with a flat rate per cleanup or do an hourly deal. Where I live most of my cleanups each avg 150-250. This one could be like 400 or something per cleanup. I think the hourly might scare them away. What do some of you guys charge per hour if you bill that way for cleanups?

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You nailed it right on the head of what I would charge. In my area prices can't get very high.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I often give a customer a range, based on the hourly rate. So you tell them it will cost from $300 to $400, based on $100 per hour or whatever you charge. That gives them a maximum to make them feel less nervous.