1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaves will be down today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I figure that from the rain and the winds last night (horrible storms) and the rain and wind that we are receiving today (we are in a wind warning) that ALL of the leaves should be down tonight.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Not only are they down but they have been blown off most properties. Just hate to have to do a leaf clean up where they end up getting trapped
  3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah good point with this nasty wind they are getting stuck in all kinds of places what fun were gonna have this week lol!
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeha no kidding or they are all in drifts along the houses where you can't mulch the easily. Seem like we were really behind on leaves this year compared to last year but I think that changed overnight.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I did my own lawn today. Steiner and front mount blower and just blew them across the road into a hay field. Quick and easy.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I did a big job on Friday. The place looked great. Went back Sunday morning to look and I almost ran off the road. It looked worse than when I showed up Friday.
    Thats what happens.
  7. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

raining leaves all over town here, we have a long week of clean-ups ahead of us....
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well, most of the leaves were down today. I got home today at about 4pm, it was a long day and I am tired and dusty.