Leaves

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shopritecrisco, Oct 6, 2005.

1. shopritecrisco

shopritecrisco LawnSite Member

For those of you who do leaves, how many calls did you get the first year you did it? How many calls do you get now? When is "leaf season?"

It should be over sometime in November/December right??

2. shopritecrisco

Can anyone help me here? I am doing some research for my husband and had hoped to get some feedback. This is his first year in the business.
    Thanks.

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I am assuming you want responses from your area?

But to answer anyways...

My first year of leaf cleanup was doing basically all my lawn customers, except for a few who used their previous company. The next year I got those also.

With signs on our vacuum truck saying "leaf cleanup" w/ phone number, I would get at least a couple calls per week, usually in November. Probably 30% of those turned into jobs. Biggest reasons for not getting all of them were: Person wanted them done within a day, no way could we fit that into our schedule that fast; and price ("HOW much? Why, I remember raking my neighbors yard when I was a kid for $3.00 and I was happy to get it!!).

My season usually starts the last part of October mostly with "lawn areas only" leaf cleanups, then right around Thanksgiving we start full steam. Go right up to Christmas depending on weather, then sometimes get the very last ones in January. These are usually customers who want to wait until the very last leaf falls, or new jobs that I schedule after all my regular customers.

"Leaf season" varies, mostly due to weather (snow). Some years we get almost all done by Thanksgiving, other years we are doing the last ones in March.

4. shopritecrisco

Thanks for the info. It's truly appreciated.