1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Jun 23, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Do most of your customers want their leaves hauled away or do you just bag them up and leave them in the customer's driveway to be picked up by their own garbage service?

How many of you bag leaves? Does anyone have a per bag charge for leaf pick-up?

Do you charge hourly or by the job?

Thank you,

Joel B.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

not what u are asking ,but a lot of us just mulch them back into the soil w the mower.
  3. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i usually take the leaves and stuff with me and then dump them in a site that the city has for people. they are usually on the way to another job. its either that or save a weeks worth for that special someone who has stiffed you on a months billing and empty them all out on their lawn.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Doubles/Dust Them ! :D
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Physically bagging leaves, not a chance. Haul away, some customers are willing to pay 50-60 per man hour for this but most accept just dumping on curb for city pickup.
    My predominant method is mulch with doubles and vacuum with Walker if too thick.
    Moisture content has lots to do with how successful the mulching is.

Leaves will be in the trees for a while but thanks for the cool thoughts.
  6. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, but it is WAY too early in the season for such a question. Therefore, we are officially closing this thread.

Seriously, there are HUNDreds of threads on this topic in the search feature.
  8. Well we use these to get them off the lawn.

Then dump them at the curb and pick em up with this.

BTW I charge $75 a man hour, and am thinking of raising it to $100 a man hour.